3F Clinic, McMaster University Medical Centre 3rd Floor, Red Section
(905) 521-2100, ext. 75013 Fax: (905) 521-2654
What services do we provide?
- Provision of secondary and tertiary consultation care to infants, children and youth with problems related to nutrition and digestive disease
- The clinic has special interest and expertise in children and adolescents with inflammatory bowel disease- Crohn's disease and ulcertative colitis and liver disease.
- The referral process is made through a direct referral from a pediatrician or family doctor to a specialist.
- Referrals can be faxed directly to clinic. 905-521-2655
Referral Forms can be accessed here: PDF | MS Word (Right-Click and select 'Save Target As')
How to contact us
- The phone number is 905-521-5013 or 905-521-2100, ext. 75013
- The fax number is 905-521-2654
The clinic hours are Monday to Friday (closed on holidays)
8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
1:00 to 4:30 p.m.
The clinics are not for emergencies. If your child needs to be seen on an urgent basis, please contact your family doctor or go to your local emergency department.
Changing your appointment
Please contact us as soon as possible, if you need to change your child's appointment or cancel the appointment.
If your child has a communicable disease such as Chicken Pox or has been in contact with someone with Chicken Pox, please call the clinic before you come to the hospital.
What should you bring to the clinic?
Your child's health care - the Ministry of Health requires us to validate your health card.
Any x-rays or letters from your doctor
Any notes or questions that you may have
Dr. E. Ratcliffe
Dr. R. Issenman
Dr. H. Brill
Dr. M. Sherlock
Dr. N. Pai
Dr. M Zachos
Our philosophy is family-centered care. We strive to provide the best care possible.
The Family Resource Library is located in the 3F clinic. Volunteer staff are available to help families find information about their child's health or illness. Pamphlets, books, and resources on internet are available.
Every six months we survey families to ask your perceptions of care.
If you have concerns please contact Laura Babb, Clinical Manager.
Research and educational activities
For further information on research and educational activities, please link to http://www.fhs.mcmaster.ca/pediatrics/gastro/html
For information on the Intestinal Disease Research Program at McMaster University, please link to: http://www.fhs.mcmaster.ca/idrp/
The Pedi FETCh Research Trial: http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/pediatrics/pedifetchresearchtrial.html