Mission Vision and Values
McMaster Children's Hospital is the regional academic centre for pediatric acute care, rehabilitation, developmental and mental health services. We achieve our mission by:
- Leading in the provision of the best and most compassionate care in the hospital and community for children, youth, their families and those with special developmental needs
- Collaborating with community partners in the coordination of care and the education of families and communities
- Advancing and sharing knowledge gained through research to improve health and health care
- Providing education in the special knowledge and skills to meet the particular needs of children, youth and families
- Advocating for the optimal health of all children and youth.
McMaster Children's Hospital is committed to the Hamilton Health Sciences core values of respect, caring, innovation and accountability. In fulfilling the unique mission of McMaster Children's Hospital and in pursuing our vision, we are also committed to:
- The inherent worth of all children and youth
- Partnership with children, youth and families in care and decision-making
- The unique differences and needs of children, youth and families and the special qualities of those who provide their care.
Advancing health and integrating care for children and youth through excellence, innovation and partnerships.
McMaster Children's Hospital - caring for our future