- Identification bands are to be kept on all patients. Ask for assistance if your child's band falls off or is missing.
- All staff are required to have appropriate identification name tags. Question those who do not have appropriate identification and do not allow your child to go with someone who does not have appropriate identification.
- Call bells are in each room to call for assistance. Ask your nurse how to use them.
- There are call bells for emergencies in the bathrooms.
- Do not bring electrical appliances onto the ward. Battery-operated appliances are allowed on the ward.
- Write your child's name on any personal items in the room.
- Due to patient confidentiality and other safety concerns, only staff are allowed in the Nursing Staion and in the Supply and Medication rooms.
- When leaving your child unsupervised, please ensure that the side rails are up on the crib or bed (you may wish to review this process with a health professional) and that the call bell is within reach.
- Children must be supervised when out of their rooms.
- Washrooms in the patients' rooms are for patients only. Public washrooms are across from the red elevators.
If you have any other concerns, please contact Pediatric Unit 3C, at (905) 521-2100, extension 76345, or Pediatric Unit 3B at extension 76120.